Thursday, September 23, 2021

Connecting multiple locked down machines.

Hello, I am a machine operator and programmer for a small sheet metal shop and am tasked with networking various CNC machines together for managing NC files more easily. These all support networking and run windows, but are all extremely stripped down and locked down embedded versions. The issue is that each has its own fixed subnet 172.14.3 is one of them, our office network is 192.168, and I haven't checked the other two yet. I cannot install software on any machine and I cannot change the IP addresses as the machine networks have several peripherals I can't reprogram on them. I have been told I need a layer 3 switch. Is this the best approach? I've also been looking into upgrading the router to handle multiple lans, but this is outside of my expertise



No comments:

Post a Comment