Thursday, September 2, 2021

Comcast supervisor lying about troubleshooting policy?

This is what a comcast business technical operations supervisor told me in regards to my request the a technician plug their laptop into THEIR modem and configure THEIR static public IP they provide and verify internet connectivity. Anyone ever heard this? They aren't allowed to fully troubleshoot the services they provide?

"As I have said before we do not connect to the static IP directly. However tomorrow I will have a tech onsite with my computer to check the static. He will enter your Static IP 50.215.29.85 into my NIC and ping 8.8.8.8 for 5-10 minutes, after which he will delete them and return my computer. I will update you on those findings ASAP. Going forward we will not be trouble shooting anything outside the scoop of our normal Comcast policies."



No comments:

Post a Comment