Monday, September 13, 2021

BGP advertise RFC1918 and default, set prepend

I spend most of my time in LAN and WLAN so I'm a little shaky on BGP and am looking for suggestions. I'm on a Cisco ASR.

The goal is to advertise RFC1918 space and a default route to iBGP neighbors. (We use a peer group.) I also need to prepend the AS. I believe it should work if I create null routes to 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, and 192.168.0.0/24 then advertise those with a network statement, but is there something more elegant that won't rely on the null routes?

What are some thoughts on building route maps using prefix lists vs ACLs? And if I'm going to refer to a prefix list/ACL and set as-path prepend in a route map, can I do it on the same sequence or do I need multiple? For example, now I have:

route-map BGP-OUT permit 10 

match ip address prefix-list DEFAULT_RT match ip address prefix-list RFC1918 set as-patch prepend 65500 65500

Can I do that or do I need to separate those steps?



No comments:

Post a Comment