Saturday, August 14, 2021

Tools for network management, incident handling , backup and patching.

Hello, wonderful people of networking world.

I am an ex-network engineer, currently applying for a semi-networking role. One of the questions I have been tasked to respond to was proposing solutions for all processes that the network team must support (monitoring, incident handling, backup, patching, etc.). I am inexperienced in this area as my previous role was heavily focused on implementing changes and troubleshooting in CLIs.

Now, I don't want to cheat. I would just like to ask for recommendations on what software to check out so I can educate myself on the matter and decide on my own. I would help myself with googling, but all I could get (probably because of using incorrect keywords) was mainly definitions of those terms. No useful info, nothing regarding implementation of such software or enterprise-level examples.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

TL;DR : Want to check out monitoring, incident handling and patching software, cannot find anything on Google. Looking for recommendations on what to research.



No comments:

Post a Comment