Saturday, August 14, 2021

Struggling to understand management VRFs...

I started reading about management interfaces and that brought me down a rabbit hole on how I should use a management VRF to advertise my equipment's loopback interfaces, subinterfaces, or VLAN interfaces. What I am struggling to understand is how this is actually applied in the real world. How is this most commonly (and most simply) implemented so that, let's say one PC in a NOC, is able to access both the management VRF and the normal/global routing table?

This is assuming we are using in-band management, I understand there are ways to do this via OOB management.

Additionally, I understand there are definitely gaps in my knowledge regarding VRFs - if anyone can point me in the right direction for this particular use, that'd be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment