Thursday, August 19, 2021

Small sub-10 port managed switch with coper and SFP ports

I am looking for a small portable managed switch with at least 2 SFP ports and a few coper ports. It will mostly be used as an in-the-field tool for packet captures, as a switch and for general troubleshooting. My work is a mix of coper and multimode fiber and being able to easily interface and directly capture packets on fiber and coper links will be helpful.

I was looking at something like the EdgeSwitch 10, but I'd like a little more of a true managed switch. Unfortunately it is the only smaller switch in the EdgeMax line that has 2 SFP ports, but it has the greatly reduced feature set compared to other EdgeMax products.

Something that is easy to use is also benefit. I will be working other colleagues who might not be comfortable in the CLI, so a nice GUI is a plus. That is one of the main reasons I am looking at the EdgeMax line vs something from a company like Mikrotik.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For the right price a small router would be great too. I am looking to keep it under $250 if possible. Used is also fine. I'd love a small Cisco L3 switch with 2 SFP ports and a few coper ports.



No comments:

Post a Comment