Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Networking question (ASA 5508 to Azure route based VPN tunnel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to understand why our ASA is not being picked up by Auvik (network monitoring tool) and after some troubleshooting, I learned that the server that the Auvik collector collector is installed on is not able to ping the ASA's inside interface at 192.168.75.254.

The Server is on 10.40.4.8/24 and there is a route based VPN tunnel between the ASA and Azure.

Now, I have other devices on 192.168.75.0/24 that the Server is able to see with no issues. It is only the inside interface of the ASA that it cannot reach.

I was testing using simple pings (ASA is accepting pings) and I ran some packet captures on the ASA and I am showing that ICMP requests are being dropped because they can't find a route to the host (

icmp: echo request Drop-reason: (no-route) No route to host)

Can someone shed some light and point me towards the right direction? I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now.

So I know for a fact I can ping the ASA inside interface from within the 192.168.75.0/24 network. The Server at 10.40.4.8 can pretty much ping everything but the 192.168.75.254 (inside interface of the ASA)



No comments:

Post a Comment