Friday, August 6, 2021

Network Architecture for a Manufacturing plant

There is this task given to me for designing the LAN of a location outside a city, to be connected over a MPLS cloud link.

  1. A cisco router 1900 series is there for routing purposes

Only LAN components are being changed.

I wanted to implement 2 L3 switches stacked as Master - Slave and then to connect the L2 switches . The connectivity has to be given to three other buildings from the main Admin building we are planning OFC lines for them.

My question is there any advantage of implementing L3 switches in the location. There will be 180-200 data points all over the location. 2 VLANS I am trying to implement for two floors of Admin Building rest all other buildings will be sharing the ground floor VLAN.

Can anyone provide insight whether it is advantageous this way or should I go with all L2 switches? Can any better method is there to implement location of this type?



No comments:

Post a Comment