Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Looking for guidance with importing IPs into my netbox instance

I have setup a netbox instance at my company, and am liking it so far. We also have a solarwinds orion install, and that orion instance is dynamically tracking and aggregating IPs for our network. I would like to see if there is a way to dynamically set it up so that netbox is polling our orion instance so as to populate the netbox’s IPAM.

To do this, I assume some type of python scripting needs to be setup to do an API call against the orion install, but to be frank, I know nothing about python, and I’ve never set up an api call. Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure this out?

I learn best by taking something that is working, and then working backwards (and dissecting it) to understand how something works. So if someone just has a random python script that they use for netbox to pull any kind of data from orion, and a brief walkthrough on how to set that up, I can study that, reverse engineer how it works, and use that knowledge to learn how to get what I need for my custom api call.

Or if someone just has a “Post your question at this specific place”, that would be awesome too!

Thank you for your time!



No comments:

Post a Comment