Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Looking at a small homelab setup to work towards a CCNA/other certs, Will this equipment work well?

I am looking into a career change in the near future into networking, and I am wanting to setup a small homelab to work with and practice on while I learn.

I found a post on craigslist near me for some equipment that they guy suggests for getting A CCNA/CCIE and was wondering if it would actually be good for learning on.

The equipment list is:\

  • Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
  • Cisco 1921 (Qty 2) Routers - One has an HWIC-16a adapter card for out of band octal cables (comes with octal cable adapter)
  • Cisco Catalyst 3560 24 port switch
  • Cisco Catalyst 3550 24 port switch
  • Cisco Catalyst 3350 24 port switch
  • Cisco 2811 router with two T1 DSU/CSU cards installed
  • Cisco 2801 router with three T1 DSU/CSU cards installed and removable flash memory

Would all of this be a good start? Its listed at $300 right now. If not, what should I be looking for instead?



No comments:

Post a Comment