Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Is it just me or are contact centers for IT absolutely flooded with backlogs right now?

Is it just me or are customer contact centers being absolutely flooded since about April?

Real talk, I’m sure everyone in here works a variety of different technical roles in different industries. Has everyone else noticed how insanely batshit bonkers the sheer volume of customer inquiries has been since about April if this year? Like, I’m specifically in network security for a vendor of network security and our queues for support tickets is absolutely off the wall batshit crazy. I’ve read other forums of people in sales with customers flooding the phone lines about appliance back orders. Seems every customer contact center whether it’s a simple question or a technical question is absolutely flooded right now. Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?

For reference before covid we averaged maybe 100 to 120 tickets at end of day and we are going home with over 300+ tickets in our queue some nights and rarely dipping below 250



No comments:

Post a Comment