Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Intermittent Network Issues

Hello all, I know I won't be able to put enough detail in this post for you to know everything but here goes nothing.

We've started having issues where people would VPN from home and then RDP into their desktop and it would connect for about 15-20 seconds then just reconnecting every few seconds. When they connect its pretty much unresponsive and then it drops again. If I am on the LAN and rdp to that machine I have no problems, but if I try to run a speed test, it starts out fine at 200mpbs and then errors out shortly after, but its not just RDP issues. I can't really download any kind of files from the internet during this time or we've had people on Teams calls that just don't work at all due to the network issues. It's pretty random and happens to multiple computer regardless of OS. Its happened on desktops and some ubuntu servers as well so I've ruled out our AV or hardware.

The only thing that seems to fix the issue is a complete shutdown and then start back up. I've run packet captures on our ASA from the IP but don't see anything alarming, a few duplicated packets and out of order but they correct themselves.

We do have old cisco catalyst 3560G switches with a pretty flat network and we are working to replace this as well as redo the network configuration but I've got 30 day lead time on equipment.

Any help on other things to try would be appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment