Friday, August 13, 2021

How to allow new VLAN through sonciwall Firewall?

I am trying to setup a new VLAN 30 on my network, I have three other VLANS setup. I believe I have all the settings correct since when I connect to the new 30 VLAN I get an address from it (provided by win server DHCP). I can contact other things on the new VLAN and also devices on oter VLANs since I dont have an rules setup on the L3 switch yet.

The problem is that I cannot access the internet, I think my firewall is blocking the traffic. I do get a DNS address and I know it works since it is used on all the VLANS.

I added the new VLAN as a address object in the firewall but I still am not able to get internet access.

Not sure what I am missing as everything looks to be setup the same as the other VLANS.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment