Saturday, August 28, 2021

How does level 1 support handle Wi-Fi issues?

Hi, I manage the Wi-Fi infrastructure for the organization I work for. Our level 1 support is outsourced to a local consulting firm where they take in calls from our customers to gather information and submit a ticket.

When it comes to the tickets we receive for any Wi-Fi problem, the information gathered is very very basic even though we have solutions documented for them. Tickets such as "This person has been told that Wi-Fi was slow " (I kid you not, got that one this week, just as brief, nothing more and not even the person affected had called).

My question is: Am I too out of the loop or should basic information be gathered by level 1 support staff? Should I really have to call the client to gather what happened, error messages, times and IPs, etc - on every issue?

How is this managed elsewhere? Hope this fits the sub's rules.



No comments:

Post a Comment