Tuesday, August 17, 2021

FIPS and Wireless

I am in a need of a small wireless solution (only 2 WAPs) that is FIPS compliant / validated. My question for you is - does such solution exist in "controllerless" world? I am trying to avoid using either physical or virtual wireless controller for such a small setup.

Ruckus Unleashed appears not to support such scenario. Cisco documentation on this topic is vast, but can't 100% confirm that FIPS enabled controllerless setup is supported. Fortinet has pulled their application from validating few of their WAPs. Aruba appears promising as they have "Wireless Access Points with ArubaOS FIPS Firmware." What I can't find out about Aruba is if WAPs would need to be managed separately or built-in wireless controller on "master" WAP supports FIPS. My gut feeling says that it should as long as I preload FIPS firmware on each WAP.

Any help appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment