Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Determining topology --

Hey I'm studying IT Networking and I must say this is a very complex course. I sorta regret even getting into it :'(

But I'm doing a project and would appreciate your view on it.

I'm creating a topology for a business which operates a training center. This business needs a storage for training videos and currently it being stored in a 1 hard disk along with other data like the names of students and the courses being offered etc. They are running a star topology.

The scenario being:

I need to design another topology that would keep the business running even when their is a single disk failure. Same videos should be able to run in multiple classrooms at the same time. They have to run smoothly. These vids are occupying the full hard disk and their library are expected to double so I need to have a repository for storage of training videos, a NAS. The system should be only accessible by the staff.

I also have to use cat 5e cable for this

I'm so confused on what topology to even use in such a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment