Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Configure a HP Procurve 2910al-24g through DHCP

Hello all

I have acquired an old HP Procurve 2910al to build a small test lab in our company. It is just what we could scrape together so a storage, some servers and this switch. I know it's by no means the fastest or newest but it is enough (and the only one that we currently have on hand) to do the job.

However, I cannot configure it. Like, in the manual there are two possible ways, either via Serial (for which we unfortunately don't have a machine still here which has a serial port and no adapter on hand) or via DHCP. However, I configured one of the Windows servers as a DHCP and DNS roles, but the switch doesn't seem to want an IP from it. In fact, I can see on the interface that packages get sent from the server to the switch but no packages are received. Am I missing something? Is there something else that needs to be done?

I can see DHCP working because other devices get an IP in the configured range but not the switch strangely.

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment