Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Can't acess Azure VMs using OpenVPN on PFSense that has IPSec to Azure VNET

I'm quite 'new' to networking, still learning stuff, I'll try to explain the situation as simple as I can.

We have a PFsense in the office acting as a router with an IPSec connection to Azure VNET that has a few VMs on it. Whenever I'm at the office, I have no trouble reaching machines in the Azure VNET (10.0.0.0/24).

We also have is an OpenVPN server set up on the same PFSense 10.0.8.0/24 (virtual network)
When I use it from home I can access LANs as specified in the server configuration page (IPv4 networks that will be accessible from the remote endpoint). When I use my VPN app form home I can access local machines on a 172.16.0.0/24 local network .

However...

If I run a tracert trying to reach 10.0.0.6 (on of the VMs) I get the following:

1 10 ms 17 ms 11 ms 10.0.8.1

2 * * * Request timed out.

I'm routing ALL traffic in my VPN-app, I have the IP of the office and reach the LAN and, I'm trying to understand why the VPN tunnel would limit access. I know it might be a million things and I've problably not mentioned important things, but our setup isn't that complex. What might be the cause here?



No comments:

Post a Comment