Friday, August 6, 2021

Are there two classes of CAT6A? Two distinct price points.

Hi everybody, I'm Dr. Nick!

I'm looking at a quote from a contractor to install, terminate, and certify a CAT6A installation and was flabbergasted by the price. While trying to determine the cost per hour billed and markup on products I found some very expensive cabling in there, which led me to discover there are two distinct price ranges for CAT6A 1000' spools. The $500ish range and the $1000ish range (USD), why is there such a discrepancy when the specs of the cables appear to be the same?

The Monoprice, Amazon, Cables Direct cable vs the Panduit, Commscope, General Cable brands.

Is this because I want each run certified to CAT6A standards or because graybar has outrageous pricing but they integrate with quoting software/billing sytems?



No comments:

Post a Comment