Friday, July 9, 2021

When/Should one intervene in case of a power shortage ?

I agree the question is dumb but let me precise :

assuming one has a server plugged to an UPS, and spinning applications writing on journaling filesystem formated volumes,

should one step (physically or remotely) in if one gets an alert that a power shortage just occured and one has, let's say, 30minutes to save/cancel and get any valuable shits together ?

I can't think of any application needing the user/admin to intervene... I heard about photoshop or video editors but I never used them, so I'm not sure. Any CAD software ? I should try but I think it performs periodical saves just as microsoft word and is able to recover after a sudden shutdown. I can even less figure about dockerized applications...



No comments:

Post a Comment