Wednesday, July 28, 2021

When implementing RSPAN, can I use the same destination port for multiple sessions?

My coworker said you can, but reading cisco docs, the verbiage says you can't. It says "Only one destination port is allowed per SPAN session, and the same port CANNOT be a destination port for multiple SPAN sessions"..

I need to push traffic from my access layer up into the core, to SPAN over a V switch spanning port. I have about 15 access switches that need to be brought up.

If I use separate session #s for each access switch, can I use the one port (Vswitch Port Span) for the traffic?

Ex: Vlan 199

Sw1: Monitor session 1 Source interface fa0/2 Destination (ON V SWITCH) Gi1/13

Sw2: Monitor session 2 Source interface gi1/5 Destination (ON V SWITCH) Gi1/13

Sw3: Monitor session 3 Source interface gi1/2 Destination (ON V SWITCH) Gi1/13



No comments:

Post a Comment