Thursday, July 29, 2021

What Do Employers Want These Days?

Hello all,

What do employers want these days?

I've been working in the public sector for some time now and I'm planning my next move (1 year). Problem is, I've moved so high up I never touch actual equipment anymore--I just sit in on bullshit meetings. Which brings me to ask this fine group of professionals what they're working on or seeing in the field. What skills do employers expect senior network engineers to have these days? Any other advice regarding where my focus should be? I'm not looking to be this rockstar network engineer. As a man entering his 40s, those aren't my ambitions anymore. I'm just looking to be an easy hire, and able to keep up with what most organizations are doing.

For context, I currently maintain the following certifications:

PMP, CCNP, CCDP



No comments:

Post a Comment