Friday, July 23, 2021

Weird Remote User Issue

Hello All I'm a new jr admin for a smallish company and we are having a strange issue. We have a user that connects remotely from out of state for work through Watchguard VPN.

They were having an issue with their terminal (write errors on the hard drive) normally their terminal lives in our server closet and is ran headless and has been working fine till the drive issues.

I took the terminal down and put a new boot drive reinstalled windows office ect. I had them remote in while the terminal was on the bench for a few days and it was working fine.

Then I put it back in the server closet and they cant connect through the vpn. I've switched cables, ports on the switch, heck even the power adapter for the terminal no dice. I pull it out of the server room and put it back on the test bench and they can connect fine.

Its all on the same network same server same switch.

Terminal is an intel NUC7i7BNH, wan side firewall is the Watchguard Firebox M200, and the switch is Cisco SG350x-48p. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment