Thursday, July 22, 2021

Troubleshooting low bandwidth NAS Synology

Hi everyone, I got an issue and I hope you guys can help…

I’m doing Tape backup with Veeam and data transfert is very slow (40 MB/s) while constructor says Data transfert max is 140 MB/s

While backuping (?), it says that the bottleneck is 99% source.

I would like to test the bandwidth between my Veeam server and the NAS with iperf3 but it’s impossible to install it (even Docker isn’t available in the package manager).

Do you know where I should search?

More detail:

  • the Veeam server is a physical server and is connected to the same switch as the NAS

  • Veeam server and NAS are not on the same network but there is 0 ACL about those networks (all trafic pass), gateway is the same router

I’m not looking for a direct answer about how to to solve my problem but more about what to check and where to search..



No comments:

Post a Comment