Saturday, July 31, 2021

Spineless EVPN fabric design

Hi All

For cost purposes, I am working on a design to build out a network but I would like to leverage EVPN for the setup as it has several advantages one of them being able to use distributed anycast gateway. Following was going to be my proposal:

https://ibb.co/0fvD6W0

I need to connect servers to the RR1 and RR2 and this will also connect upstream to a firewall via L3 BGP. On RR clients A, B, C, additional servers will be connected and I wanted to be able to use the distributed anycast gateway as well on them.

I have had several outages in regards to spanning tree not to mention at times vendor incompatibility as well and have decided we no longer need to depend on this legacy technology any further.

Any help or advice is you see any problems on the setup or improvements that could be made would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment