Friday, July 16, 2021

Question regarding Cisco 9410R and Quad Supervisor Installations w/ Stackwise Virtual

  • Cisco StackWise Virtual can be configured only on one supervisor module per chassis. You can install two supervisor modules in each chassis used in the Cisco StackWise Virtual solution. However, only one of the supervisor modules will be active; the other module will be powered off.

Wtf am I supposed to do with the completely powered-off supervisor modules? Have an identical backup config of the primary supervisor above it and have it cross-connected to the other supervisors? How would I even copy over a config to it?

I have experience setting up quad supervisors on Cat 6800's but I have these two 9410R's in front of me and when they say the supervisors are powered off, they literally don't register as a line card on any show commands.

These were purchased and I was asked to set these up in a stackwise virtual config, but it seems like two of these supervisors are about to be cold standbys in a box?



No comments:

Post a Comment