Friday, July 16, 2021

New Network Engineer troubleshooting laptop wireless connection

I'm the new Network Engineer for my company and I've got some decent networking skills, but my skillset is on the AD/server/storage/virtual infrastructure side of things.

We've got a specific Windows 10 laptop that has issues connecting to our wireless network, but eventually after enough attempts the laptop will connect (about 10 minutes). There may be a few laptops that have this issue, but for the huge majority no one has issues connecting.

Here is our setup:

WLC - Cisco 3504

NPS - Server 2008 R2 running RADIUS

AP's - mix of Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 and AIR-CAP3602E-A-K9

WLC RADIUS config

Error - AAA Authentication Failure for Client MAC: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx UserName:host/HOSTNAME.FQDN User Type: WLAN USER Reason: Authentication failed



No comments:

Post a Comment