Monday, July 26, 2021

Network related DNS issues?

I’ve been having this problem with both of my AD controllers (separate domains) since I implemented Cisco Meraki site-to-site VPN.

Here’s the issue- none of my VMs (or Vcenter itself) can resolve the AD domain name. If a computer is joined to the domain, it gets a DNS response when the domain is queried. Outside of this, the Meraki router is the only device capable of resolving the name.

Windows devices are not able to reach domains across the VPN. If the DC is local to the computer it can resolve the domain name.

I’ve tried everything and I’ve also never experienced this issue before when deploying AD. This (plus the Meraki resolving the domain) leads me to believe it’s a network problem.

Behind the Meraki is a catalyst 2960s 48p switch. It’s a bit aged but it does the job. Are there Cisco settings that I’ve missed? Regular domains resolve just fine, just my ones that end in .local cannot resolve (I know not to use .local but I did it in this case).



No comments:

Post a Comment