Friday, July 2, 2021

Need help with a switch

I have a switch to manage (HPE OfficeConnect 1820 48G Switch (J9981A)) and I am kinda not succeding in doing what i wanted;I don't have much experience with enterprise hardware.

My idea was essentially to create four VLANs based on switch ports with the following table of accesibility between PCs in these VLANS

1 2 3 4
1 - default yes no no no
2 - PC with NAS no yes yes yes
3 - group1 no yes yes no
4 - group2 no yes no yes

Basically i wanted to isolate 2 groups from others, but both should be able to acces one computer. All VLANs also need to have internet connection which comes from a router, where I am able (if needed) to connect a cable for each VLAN.

I was trying to make this happen with tagging, untagging, excluding ports and trunks. I had problems with PCs not being able to find eachother, if they were tagged in a VLAN. And for some reason in the default VLAN 1 untagged and taggged ports were able to comunicate.

First of all, I wanted to know, if this is even possible. If not, any alternative similar recomendations? If yes, short guide would be awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment