Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Need advise regarding fiber line and contractors

We have lots of construction going on at one of our buildings and the electrical contractor ran temporary fiber to get out of the way for demolition. Since the temporary fiber is in, every day or two I’ll have a random 2-3 minute outage at that building. Last night, that building went offline for a whole 45 minutes. I keep telling the contractor that I think there’s something wrong with the fiber they put in place, but they seem like they don’t know what they could do as a next step.

I haven’t had to deal with contractors and installing fiber before. Any advise on what I could tell them to do/check to start making some progress?

Update: I also noticed they ran dark blue fiber lines (which I believe is single mode) and our original fiber line was orange (multimode)



No comments:

Post a Comment