Thursday, July 29, 2021

mellanox driver instalation

hello,

I have nodes with an Infiniband connection and a centos 7.9 installed.

when I execute the following

lspci | grep Mellanox

01:00.0 Network controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3]

lspci -vv -s 01:00.0 | grep "Part number" -A 3

[PN] Part number: MCX353A-FCB

I will reinstall the system to rockylinux.

My question is: how to install the Mellanox hardware

Is it enough to use the provided package from the distribution (yum group install Infiniband) or should I also use the package provided by the manufacturers in the following link:

http://www.mellanox.com/page/mlnx_ofed_eula?mtag=linux_sw_drivers&mrequest=downloads&mtype=ofed&mver=MLNX_OFED-4.9-3.1.5.0&mname=MLNX_OFED_LINUX-4.9-3.1.5.0-rhel8.3-x86_64.iso



No comments:

Post a Comment