Friday, July 9, 2021

LACP LAG to Trunk

We are in the process of replacing our cores with aruba 8320s. We have an Aruba 2540 as an edge switch that we want to be link aggregated to our aruba 8320 vsx pair. On the 8320 side I have it setup as a multichassis LAG, and on the 2540 side I have two ports set up as a LACP trunk. All the interfaces see each other and the LACP is up and sees the peer. The trunk is setup for all the vlans, as is the LAG.

I can't ping from one device to the other, but again the mac addresses and vlans are coming through (sh mac-address-table).

Am I misunderstanding LACP? I know trunks and LAGs are different but it was my understanding that at trunked lacp interface could communicate with a LAG. Well and they are from a layer 2 standpoint... Just not from a layer 3 standpoint.

I'm basically just wanting to ask if what I'm doing is even possible or I'm crazy and need to use an aruba 6100 (LAG support) instead as the edge.



No comments:

Post a Comment