Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Is there a good neighbor guide to WiFi setup?

I live in a dense environment filled with many networks and tons of WiFi noise. I am wondering if there’s a best practices guide with things like using a smaller channel width, stick to 1,6,11 for 2.4G, keep transmit power at a minimum (or higher transmit power isn’t the solution to interference issues)?

I was hoping to send a link to our community Facebook group and our Nextdoor group. Not sure how that would be taken.

FYI, I’ve managed to optimize my network properly (IMO) and therefore perhaps there’s no reason to post this. But I recently did a WiFi survey and saw some very powerful 2.4 signals and incorrect channels chosen as well as wider widths than make sense in this overly noisy environment. Thought it would be good to let people know.



No comments:

Post a Comment