Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Is it too soon to make a career move? Even for a life changing opportunity?

Hey guys. I wanted to get some professional advice regarding a position that I could potentially be offered very soon.

The job is as a Senior Network Engineer for a very large and well known healthcare company. Currently, I work for a much smaller but still decently sized private medical practice and I am the only network engineer (as well as with my assistant).

I love my current job if I’m being honest. Pay is good, 75k, and I get 5 weeks PTO and honestly the job is very easy… sometimes too easy at times but yea it’s great and lots of freedom. I wasn’t looking for a new position at all.

Well, here is the big thing about this new position… the pay is between 145k and 175k on a one year contract to hire. I always told myself I would never take a contract again, but at this salary point it’s a lot different.

If I left my current position I would definitely be screwing them over. Ive only been there a year and before that I was at a different company for only a year as well. I have a lot of projects I’m involved in right now and also just took took a two week vacation.

What would you guys do? I know it’s not always about the money but this seems life changing. I may never get a chance to make this much again in my life and a big part of me really wants to make the move…



No comments:

Post a Comment