Friday, July 9, 2021

is it possible to Dual home my company's internet connection to a single ISP circuit?

I am researching datacenter designs and cannot find any description of what I have in my head but dont understand why. either its not common or its not possible. maybe someone here can help me.

what I would like to do is have my single DIA circuit coming in and hand it off to both of my routers. so both routers would peer with the same ISP circuit, but we would just prepend the BGP to the secondary router to prioritize the traffic from the primary router. but all scenarios and designs I have been able to find show either 1 local router to 2 ISP routers or 2 local to 2 ISP. not 2 local to 1 isp. am I missing something here?

such as this link
https://networklessons.com/cisco/ccna-routing-switching-icnd2-200-105/singledual-homed-and-multi-homed-designs



No comments:

Post a Comment