Thursday, July 15, 2021

Ipsec not working with organisation issued certs, works with self signed certs, strongswan

I've set up an ipsec connection in Linux using strongswan transport mode so that users can remotely connect into the network, its set up so that traffic is in transport mode and uses certificate aswell as eap authentication to connect.

When I use self signed certs from the server, and pass the ca over to my device connecting, it let's me connect no problem, however when I use my root ca for my organisation aswell as my own p12 aswell as some certs and keys for the server, it doesn't let me connect remotely.

Unfortunately there is nothing in the logs with debug on, there is one thing moaning about nat however I've tried putting the server on the same network with no natting and same issue persists where self signed work and root ca doesn't

Any tips? Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment