Friday, July 2, 2021

How to find out if Netgear Switch is V1 or V2?

I have taken over a client with a few Netgear GS110TP managed switch's and I have installed a new Netgear GS110TP V3 to replace a faulty one. Next step I am looking to upgrade firmware on the older switches and this is whats confused me a bit. The old switches don't say if they are version 1 or 2 in the web interface and there's no easy way to tell on netgears website by entering serial info either. I also cannot get to the switches currently due to location but will in a few days.

Is there an easy way to tell I am missing? The Netgear Smart Control Centre shows the switches and the new one it shows GS110TP v3 but the old ones just show GS100TP, so I would assume they are v1. But the bit thats got me confused they have firmware version 5.4.2.13 which netgear doesn't list for v1 only for v2.

Is there an easy way to tell?



No comments:

Post a Comment