Thursday, July 22, 2021

Help please..! Trying to stand up a radius server

Hey yall. Im hoping someone here has the answer for me. I work for a company that manages several hundered SOHO networks. My goal is to set up a cloud radius server (using Linode) to authenticate all our client site VPNS. Currently using the built in radius on each gateway which makes it quite the task to add and remove users on the 200+ routers. (All Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pros)

I've been messing around with FreeRadius for a bit but cant quite get it to work (tried Ubuntu and CentOS). I can create users and can get localhost authentications to work. I then try to add clients but have not been able to get anything to work remotely. I've yet to get FreeRadius to open up port 1812 which I would assume it would? (using nmap to test this). I have to be missing something simple....?

I have gotten this setup to work using JumpCloud however their platform does not work for us because it only allows IP addresses for clients and most of my clients do not have static addys. Using DDNS.



No comments:

Post a Comment