Friday, July 23, 2021

Fiber Optical Cable Help

https://imgur.com/a/jxAWyWV

First I have little fiber experience other than premade cables. I have this Fiber Internet Line coming into a work container that will house some networking equipment. One side of the fiber is already spliced and terminated into a 1U patch panel inside (Blue SC connection) another building about 500ft away from a previous contractor. The Fiber cable has 4 cores? 48 Fibers? and the cable has "commscope optical cable os2 sm 48F" printed on it.

  1. Does that mean this fiber cable is Single Mode Fiber?
  2. How do I go about connecting a switch to this end of the fiber cable? Do I do the same thing that was done in the other building? Is there a way to do this without using a Fusion Splicer? I can learn but just want to have options for how to complete this task.

Any help would be apricated



No comments:

Post a Comment