Monday, July 19, 2021

Ethernet cable together with doorbell cable in same conduit?

Beginner here, hope this is a relevant question:

I have an electrical conduit running from my fuse box to my doorbell chime next to my front door. As I'm thinking about installing a PoE camera at the front door (and my PoE switch being next to the fuse box), I thought the conduit that is used for the doorbell cable would be a convenient way of running an ethernet cable to the front door. My only worry is potential interference from the doorbell cable. Any expert thoughts on this?

The power running through the circuit is low voltage and as far as I know will only have a small current temporarily running whenever the doorbell is pushed (although I may be wrong on that one) Any thoughts on:

1) if this can be done without issue? and,

2) what type of Ethernet cable is recommended to be used in this situation?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment