Friday, July 16, 2021

Dumb question related to uplink

Hi Guys,

Noob question from a guy returning to R&S post 3-4 years as I have mainly moved to security roles in my organisation. But I have been handed a project where we are deploying few switches in customer's location. Mock up diag will be shared at the end of this post.

As we are deploying multiple layers of switches in their environment.

Currently, as per plan, TOR switch will connect to Core switch (Spine SW) in this new section in full mesh and same goes for L3 uplink with their existing switch.

Switch modes:

Tor SW L2 Switch
Core Switch L3 Switch (All L3 Vlans reside here)

Uplink Info:

Tor to Core SW L2 - Full Mesh uplink
Core to Existing NW switch L3 - Single Vlan to be passed

Mock Diagram:

Click here for network diagram

My query:

  • How will I Achieve L3 uplink between Core and Exisiting NW SW with full mesh redundancy intact.


No comments:

Post a Comment