Thursday, July 29, 2021

Configuring Multicast

Trying to better understand multicast. I have a device / server that is supposed to transmit multicast data. Its configured as: Multicast IP Address: 239.192.31.31 Multicast Port Number: 14001 Local UDP port connations are to use: 14000 Number of upstream hops allowed for multicast packet: 1

I set-up a Rasp Pi with Node Red. Added a "UDP In" node configured: Listen for "multicast messages" Group: 239.192.31.31 On Port 14001 using ipv4 Output "a String"

then wired that to a debug node.

But, I'm not getting any output. I'm not sure if the server of node red node just are not configued correctly, or there is some other issue. Do the above settings look right?

I've disabled IGMP Snooping in my unifi switch. I've also tried Node Red UDP In with port 14000.



No comments:

Post a Comment