Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Cisco IOS XE Privilege Levels vs Parser Views and RADIUS Integration

Hi all,

I am tasked with configuring a lot of access switches with limited access to the junior network folks. So far, I've been configuring switches using privilege levels, which has been very frustrating and not intuitive at all. That said, I have come across the parser view function and seems perfect for what I need. I can define a bunch of limited commands, without having to exclude every other command as is the case with privilege levels.

Anyways, I am going to lab this out tomorrow, but I will need this to work with RADIUS. We define access via radius. Has anyone implemented this in the past? I can not seem to find any documentation where I can specific the AV value pair to provide an admin with the appropriate view once authenticated via RADIUS.

Any help or direction would be appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment