Saturday, July 3, 2021

Business Relocation

Hey All,

Thanks in advance for any responses to this post. This is seeking advice for our business. I'm a mechanical engineer for a metal 3D printing startup. We recently signed on for a lease of a 15,000 sq. ft. warehouse in south Florida. It's basically one giant 104ft by 148ft rectangle, with about 1000 sq. ft. of bare ones office in one corner. Our organization is currently 8 people, hoping to soon expand to around 15. On average, for each person in the office there's 2 computers and a cell phone, plus a few accessory devices like a dedicated conference room PC, and some smart TVs. So after some new hires we'd be close to 50 devices total spread across the warehouse and office. I'm fairly confident in my ability to handle set-up and install with one of my coworkers. The question here is, what kind of equipment should I be buying to handle the square footage here? From what I've seen at Ubiquiti most of their new wifi-6 APs can handle up to 300 devices, but I'm very unsure of what is involved in getting enough range. Ideally I'd like to just get all our equipment from Ubiquiti or Cisco, as we'll be in this space for at least 5 years and I have no intention of letting us rent equipment from our ISP unless that's something you'd actually recommend for our situation.

If there's any guides/videos/etc. you'd recommend please let me know.

Thanks again for any input.



No comments:

Post a Comment