Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Anyone ever worked for Space-X? What’s it like?

I’m looking at some of the job postings there for network engineers and firewall engineers, and . . . my trigger finger is getting itchy. I’ve heard Space-X can be a difficult company to work for on the manufacturing and engineering side of things, and I wonder how much of that rolls over to the support rolls.

I’m currently the only network engineer for a small company outside San Francisco that pays me ridiculously well, but is generally quite boring and has no advancement potential. And every day I watch the webcams of what is going on in Boca Chica and I have a gut-twisting feeing that I’m supposed to be there, on the front lines of one of the most important thing that humanity can possibly be doing.

OTOH then I’d have to live in rural Texas, which . . . well it’s sure not going to be San Francisco.



No comments:

Post a Comment