Thursday, July 15, 2021

Alternative switches to Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch with OSPF features?

I'm looking to replace some ~20 year old Cisco Catalyst 3750G-24T switches that are on their last leg. Use case is two access switches in a single rack in a remote colo serving mostly HTTP web traffic and some minimal video streaming.

Details:

  • 1G access and uplinks. 10G not required but I would really want LACP support.
  • RJ45 preferred but SFP is okay too.
  • serial console port.
  • L3 routing with OSPF. I could potentially get by with another routing protocol but static routing won't cut it.
  • Not super tiny buffers.
  • A hardware warranty would be nice but I don't need an active support contract.
  • I'm okay buying used.
  • Full non-blocking forwarding and switching capacity.
  • Lower power usage, if possible.
  • Targeting $300/switch (sans optics) but I'm flexible on price (I know that's really pushing it).

I was looking at Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 24 Lite but that unfortunately seems to only support static routing and the buffers are on the small side otherwise that would be a great fit. Anyone have recs for another switch platform that could potentially fit my criteria?



No comments:

Post a Comment