Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Accepted methods of measuring/projecting link capacity

I need give 500-600 links a "congestion score". Are there any accepted models or methods for doing this? When I asked for more specifics, my boss was no more specific than "congestion score", so I imagine he doesn't know what he wants either. I feel like there has to be an existing accepted best answer to this question. percentiles? standard deviations?

I found some papers on measuring congestion in a link but it's too much https://www.researchgate.net/publication/270894492_Congestion_Score_Computation_of_Big_Traffic_Data

I feel like some kind of stock market technical indicator would be perfect. Bollinger bands? To me, boiling this down to a single score would be answering the question "How likely is this link to reach capacity in the next X days".



No comments:

Post a Comment