Friday, July 9, 2021

3 x Router, 3 x BBand and 1 SSID?

Hello all,

In my office I'm taking over 3 routers that each have their own bband connection. They are spread out across a single but large office floor. Not really used for much now but am thinking in future for IoT devices like TVs in meeting rooms and mobile phone connectivity. Nothing fancy with these and I've got no finances or time to invest to upgrade or include new equipment etc.

What I am trying to figure out is how well (or at all) would it work if each bband connection/router had the same SSID and a password?

Each router would be using the same DHCP IP address range (as set by deault). So if my phone was connected and I roam around the office I would automatically switch to the router with the stronger/closer connection?

Am not worried about video streaming for example as I get it if I auto switch between routers then my connection would switch to the bband line that router is connected to.

Is my idea an ok or bad one?

No biggy if I need to name each SSID differently just thinking would be smarter to have 1.



No comments:

Post a Comment