Tuesday, July 13, 2021

24 port vs 48 port 1U patch panel?

Hi,

I've tried to look online about the difference between the two, and the only difference I can really see is the price and the relative lack of supply of 48 port 1U patch panels

Everywhere I've worked, they've always used 24 port 1U patch panels, instead of 48 port 1U patch panels. Is there a reason for doing this, other than cost? Kinda like why you'd use DACs instead of fibre SFP transceivers?

I guess the other reason that I can think of is that two 24 port patch panels, would be "better" from a cable management POV, given you could plonk 24 ports in the top half of the switch, and 24 ports in the bottom half of the switch without necessarily needing a cable management arm. I'm struggling to think of any other reasons, however. So any help would be appreciated. Is it a case that the 24 port ones might just be more reliable somehow?



No comments:

Post a Comment