Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Zhone DSLAM Troubleshooting

Hi all,

I picked up a Zhone BitStorm HP2 160 DSLAM from eBay to add to my lab but I'm having trouble getting this thing configured.

  • I can ping and nmap the device on it's MGMT port, 22, 23 and 2323 are open. However, I don't have the credentials for the box (even after reset, the regular combinations aren't working).
  • I believe that the device needs to be initially configured with the Console, so I attached my RJ45 -> USB console cable to the "CID" port on the DSLAM but I'm unable to get a TTY whatsoever. I've tried each Baudrate and am not getting any data back at all. I've tried different terminal emulators, computers and console cables.
  • I can't find a manual online since Zhone no longer exists as a company.

Anyone have any ideas? Reddit gold to whoever has the solution...



No comments:

Post a Comment